Beef Stew

Beef Stew

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mondays

Things aren't exactly going as planned today. I'ts not been an awful day, just harder than usual. Wade just doesn't want to go along with my plans and Savannah decided to cut her nap very, very, short. Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out that there is a coupon at Piggly Wiggly on top of the deli case for $1 off when you buy a half pound or more of Sara Lee deli meat. They already have the best deals on deli meat and if you add the coupon, you are saving $3 or $4 over what Publix charges.  The coupons are first come first serve so I grabbed a bunch. i think that they expire in November but this will save me a lot because i'm buying about 1.5 lbs of lunch meat every week!

My food plans have also changed. I did a slow cooker recipe last night that was so good that now there's not enough for leftovers for tonight!  I have had to rethink the menu a little bit for this week but here's what I'm planning so far...Tonight I am going to make a Tuscan White Bean Soup that we will have with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  I'm hitting costco tomorrow to get some ground turkey and later in the week we will have Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs.  I make the meatballs and also the marinara sauce but you could just as easily open up a jar of pasta sauce to save yourself some time.  After looking through my slow cooker cookbook, a BBQ Brisket recipe jumped out at me and then i saw that it was on sale at Publix.  I usually don't spend this much money on a cut of meat bound for the slow cooker but the picture just looked too yummy. i'll probably save the brisket for football watching this weekend. 

Stay tuned for the soup recipe and pics tomorrow and the other 3 recipes later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment