Beef Stew

Beef Stew

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas

Today I made it easier to comment on my posts.  You no longer have to create an account or fill out anything.  Hope this helps.  Please feel free to share a recipe with me or any advice you have that would improve the blog or a specific recipe.  Remember that i'm still new to this so go easy on me!

The boneless skinless chicken breasts are a good price at Piggly Wiggly so I bought a family pack and decided to make these enchiladas.  I cooked two extra pieces of chicken and will make use them to make a chicken pesto pizza later in the week. I will also include the recipe for my whole wheat pizza crust along with some tips about making homemade pizza.  I still had some left over pieces of chicken from the pack so I threw those in the freezer and will use them next week when I make a knock off of Zoe's Greek Chicken Roll-ups with a Spinach and Feta Orzo Salad. Meredith Kilgore shared a recipe with me for an Italian Sausage and Artichoke soup that looks really yummy but very simple so I think that I will try that next week also.

Creamy Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas- This recipe is SUPER easy, SUPER good and kid friendly.  It also has a ton of spinach in it so that's not bad either. I adapted it from a recipe in the Food for Thought cookbook which is delicious but has heavy cream, cream cheese AND grated cheese in it! That is just too indulgent to have for a week night meal. Not to mention it doesn't have any vegetables in it so I added in the spinach.   I served this with Spanish rice that I added a can of diced tomatoes and a can of black beans to just to get in some extra vegetables into our meal.

Makes 6 or 7 enchiladas

4 medium to large boneless skinless chicken breasts (salt, pepper and bake at 350 for 25 min)
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 cans diced green chilis
1 -8 oz package light cream cheese softened
1/2 tsp salt
Flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 300.  Chop cooked chicken breast into bite size pieces.  In a large bowl combine chicken and remaining ingredients.  Fill tortillas with mixture and put side by side into a rectangular casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
tortilla filling mixture

finished product

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious and right up my alley. Can't wait to make them whenever I finally cook again!

    ReplyDelete