Beef Stew

Beef Stew

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Greek Chicken Roll-ups with Spinach Orzo Salad

Be sure to check out "This Week's Deals" for a great deal on a parenting magazine!  Also, before I get started on my recipe, I wanted to remind everyone that I am not a professional food stylist (as if you couldn't tell) but nor am I making an effort to make my food look as good as it could be.  I am taking a picture of our actual dinner before serving it to my family.  I could take the time to chop up some herbs and garnish all of my dishes to make them look fancy but I'm not going to do anything differently just because I'm blogging about it. I'm trying to keep it real sort of speak.
I mentioned that my freezer is overloaded with ground turkey so I am going to make Taco Casserole next week where I substitute turkey for ground beef and also the Italian Sausage and Artichoke Soup recipe that Meredith Kilgore shared with me. I will also post an awesome Cornbread Recipe that comes from Lynn Smith (my friend Carolyn's mother-in-law) that is delicious but not surprising when you see how much butter is in it! I'm looking forward to a great weekend of football! See you next week...

Greek Chicken Roll-ups with Spinach Orzo Salad- These are a knock off of the yummy roll-ups from Zoe's and a good way to use up some chicken when you see it on sale!  Incidentally, Ken's salad dressings are BOGO at Publix right now if you want a good deal on Greek Salad dressing. The orzo salad has a ton of spinach in it along with tomatoes so I'd say that it's a pretty healthy and easy side dish.

Roll-ups-makes about 7

3 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
Greek salad dressing
4 oz feta cheese
small flour tortillas (fajita size)

Marinate the chicken pieces in1/2 cup of dressing for 2 hours.  Over medium high heat saute the chicken pieces until no longer pink.  Fill tortillas with chicken and feta and roll up tightly.  Brush the tops of the roll-ups and also the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil. Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until tortillas are slightly crispy.

Spinach Orzo Salad
1/2 lb orzo pasta
1/2 bag fresh spinach wilted in a pan with a little water then drained and chopped 
3/4 cup Greek Salad dressing
look at all of this healthy spinach
1 can petite diced tomatoes-drained
1/3 cup chopped scallions (green part only)
1/2 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
4 ounces feta cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.  While the pasta is still hot, toss with the dressing.  Stir in all other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add more dressing before serving if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment